web tracker

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What cancer cannot do...

What a day. But then it is April 15! Finally finished my work day at 6:45pm. Not only work but getting Troop 175 ready for a campout and a future Eagle Scout who has a board on Sunday.
Then came home and worked on Troop bus with E.T. Finished up around 9:30pm

Tonight I am tired. It has been a good day but I know that I have left some items undone. But hopefully come Monday, I will be back at the office so I can tie up these loose ends before April 29. Everyone has been very supportive and for this I am truly grateful.

I told you about Mike Nance and having to get another tumor removed. He is in good spirits and the doctors think they got all of it. He is a great Christian so I know God was listening to prayers.

Lucille went to the health food store and purchased some zinc to help revive the taste buds and allow a person to eat. I know if it helps me, I will take it.

No food or drink after midnight so I can get six teeth removed at 8:30am. No local for me. I want to be knocked out for this. Not even interested in listening and feeling the bits and saws. So if I don't post tomorrow night, you will know that I am still drugged from the teeth extraction.

It has been a good first half of the week. Hopefully I will recover pretty quickly from the dentist so I can have a good 9 days before the last big push.

I received a dog tag at Scouts last night and I want to repeat what it says here..

What cancer cannot do...

It cannot...
invade the soul
suppress memories
kill friendship
destroy peace
conquer the spirit
shatter hope
cripple love
corr0de faith
steal eternal life
silence courage

I don't think I need to say anything else. Nite gang..

1 comment:

  1. Posted by Mark Moshell for Walt True

    Hello Steve,
    It has been a long time since I last saw you and longer since my son, Kirk,
    was in your Troop. Just wanted you to know that I am keeping you in prayer.
    Your posts are a great encouragement to all of us. Glad to hear that you
    are doing better. May He richly bless you and your family. Walt True

    Hang in there Steve - Mark M

    ReplyDelete