web tracker

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A great day to begin the week...

It was certainly a nice Sunday in Midland. Maybe it will rain tonight. Got up at 8:30am, read the paper while Lucille fixed breakfast. Had homemade biscuits, sausage and gravy and eggs. Gained a pound yesterday and hoping to gain another one today. Supper was some real spicy hot links and pasta that Sarah fixed. Have couple more days to gain several more pounds. I just eat and eat, whatever I want. It won't always be this way so better enjoy it while I can.

My mouth still has that weird taste and am trying some mouth wash that I have to use during radiation. It does some good if I eat within a few minutes after rinsing.

Today I mowed and edged the yard and found myself pretty wore out so rested for a little bit and then went to work on the Troop cook box. Then went to babysit with Lucille for our grandkids. So am home around 9pm. Am tired but bed is not too far off . I have 2 1/2 days to get office in reasonable shape before the final push. The unknown is the biggest problem here so trying to be prepared for the worst and hoping for the best, whatever it might be.

While I am tired, I thought today was good in that it was normal for me. So will shower and hit the sack to get ready for what appears to be a hectic week. Have a doctor appointment first thing in the morning for my lower back (which should take care of that problem for awhile), then to office to get tax and graphic work done.

I thank God for another week of having more pluses than minuses. The biggest plus was a change in attitude which I think is being caused by not being able to do what I have always done. I know it will probably happen in the next six weeks, but am determined to keep from getting down. God has helped me to help myself in getting myself straighten out, so I expect to keep a good attitude for this period.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that your blessing from God has been more than you can handle. I believe it has happened to my family. We just have to keep our eyes open and our hearts tuned into God. Thanks to all this past week for your prayers, cards, meals, words of compassion and encouragement, phone calls and just general support. Nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment