web tracker

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Best laid plans

Slept pretty good last night. No gasping for air. Got up and fixed us oatmeal this morning (too dry), but i ate. Went back to bed for about an hour and couldn't sleep so got up, dressed in 10 minutes, and was at the office by 8:45. I had 15 minutes of solitude before clients came through the door, or before Iwas on the phone. Now, I had planned to take it easy today and get some rest and be home by 6. Needless to say, there was no nap this day and did not get home until 7pm. And at this writing I am approaching my brick wall.

While I did not accomplish everything I needed or wanted to do, it was a productive day and tomorrow starts anew. So will set goals tomorrow and see how close I get. Can only do so much but as my energy level gets better so will my productivity.

I have gained another 2 pounds. So I weigh a whopping 152 pounds. How many people do you know who are excited about gaining weight? If this was normal Lucille would have me on a salad and vegetable diet. I am not one who likes chicken pot pie but tonight I had one that was delicious. Enough flavor to mask the bad taste in my mouth so I could enjoy it. But at least I can eat most of what I want. Tried some ice cream again and it just isn't working, yet! Just have to keep trying different foods.

My water intake has gotten good and I think my kidneys are back to normal. Don't sip, just drink 15 oz at one time. And to think when I backpack I drink 32oz at one time.

Easter is just around the corner and it reminds me of what Jesus did for us. And I think about this ordeal and realize that while I am not going to die from this cancer, I can witness to folks and help them. Maybe the silver lining is the witnessing to others.

So as I need to get ready for bed before I hit this brick wall, I thank you for your prayers. Each day I meet folks who have been praying for me. I have alot of work to do to pay back all of you wonderful people. It is truly something to see so many people come together for me. I am in total awe with all of you. So hope your day was as good as mine. Nite gang.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    A couple of words for you: WILL YOU SLOW DOWN????? This takes so much out of your body and you need to just stop and smell the flowers, OK? I know that you have a thriving business and that you have work to do, but God, in His excellent wisdom, is providing you with people to help. You don't have to do it all at one time. OK that's my soap box so I'll get off of it. Yuck Istill remember the metal taste in my mouth...not pleasant...and nothing tastes good. Unfortunately I did not have the issue with weight loss...rather it kinda found me and stayed. I do wish I had lost some but that didn't happen and from a guy point of view, and especially one who is fit and active then I can see why it is an issue. Needless to say, I didn't gain much and have stayed the same ever since. Lucky for me...I don't have to rebuy different sizes of clothes. I can tell that you got the message that it is all small stuff now after having cancer. It really is and it's even smaller when you lay it all at the foot of the cross too. You have been blessed to go a be a witness after this experience and I know you will be a good one. Have a wonderfully blessed Easter for He is Risen to save us all,

    Love to both of you,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete