web tracker

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gasping for air.

What a start to the day. At about 2:30 this morning I woke up gasping for air. Scared me and really scared Lucille. Could not go back to sleep for a long time trying to figure out what happened. Should have taken blood pressure but did not. Whatever my body did to me was for a purpose but still don't know why it happened.

But when morning came, was rested and went to work to continue to dig into work that is piled on my desk. I did take an afternoon nap and will retire shortly for hopefully a better night sleeping.

I have felt pretty good today except for a little while this evening. But that has passed and feel good at this point. My energy is coming back slowly. My biggest problem is continuing to push myself instead of stopping. It is something I have to work on constantly. I am used to going a mile a minute and so when I get a little energy I think I am ready to get back after it. So will watch myself the rest of the week.

Had chili for lunch and supper and the spice was just enough to allow me to taste the chili. My mouth tastes like metal at this point so I am doing anything to try and mask it while I eat. It seems spicy is the way to go at this point. So I am eating pretty well now so will continue to eat a little all day to try and gain weight and get more energy. Have been drinking well today and that will continue to get better also.

So all in all, it has been a good day because I have energy coming back, I am able to eat anything I can tolerate and drink lots of liquid.

One of the cards I received today was from Jim and Terry Adams. It seems like I get a postcard from them once a week. Wonderful couple with such a positive attitude on life. Now you have to understand they are in their 80's and still very active. It is a real inspiration to read their notes of encouragement. All the cards I receive are absolutely wonderful and so heart felt from the senders. I am so energized by each one that I read. Some bring tears to my eyes, others make me laugh. About once a week I go through all of them and reread them. That's how uplifting they are to me. Thanks for the words of encouragement, whether it is via email, cards, voice or in person. They get me going along with God's help. I hope everyone had great Tuesday and that Wednesday is better for all of us. Nite.....

No comments:

Post a Comment