web tracker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Late Monday post

I do apologize about not posting on Monday. I was just so sure that being released from the hospital without drugs that everything would be great. Needless to say, that was not the case. You get so used to having the iv drugs in your system 24 hours a day that you have a feeling of being better than you really are. That was me yesterday. By last last night, I took some drugs, settled myself down and had a very sleepful night.

But I will tell you that when Pam (my nurse) wheeled me out of the hospital and I could breathe fresh air and feel the warmth of the sun, that was like a gift from heaven! During the afternoon I was on the back porch, protected from the wind, continung to enjoy the sun and fresh air. With all the wonderful treatment at the MMH tower, home is still the best place to be. Just taking a shower in your own home is something great! And without any tubes attached to you! And a real towel to dry with! Little luxuries that we often don't about in our daily lives.

My goals today are to get rested, exercise a little more (walking further to the bathroom and to the kitchen), drink and eating. I have lost way too much weight this week so must push past the bad taste and get some weight back on this body. My mind is much better this morning so am hopeful that as the day unfolds, it will be sharper.

Still have alot of treatment left to do before this is over. Have to have 6 teeth extracted on APril 16 and then the combined chemo/radiation treatment with radiation being for 6 weeks. But the only thing I am fosusing on at this moment is feeling good, gaining weight, and getting my energy back. My treatment is so much better this time that I am hopeful by the end of the week, I will be doing well. Not great, just well. Great will be for next week. I have also learned you can steps that are too big at times so I will go a little slower this week.

So gang - will go and shave my face for the first time in a week. And then crash for a couple of hours and then start getting myself back into the shape I desire to be in. Have a great day and may God continue to bless everyone who has supported us in this ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment