web tracker

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One day closer....

Well half way thru this week's chemo. Have spent most of day in and out of sleep. Had a reaction to one of my meds this am. It was like a thousand sharp pains all over my body. Like every nerve ending reacted. I have this med everyday and it just reacted different today. I am tired today so I guess that is why I have slept so much. Had a pretty good breakfast and lunch but supper was just not to be today. I don't eat this much food at home so it's hard to eat it all. But the good news is that my vitals are good and my blood counts are good. Did do some walking today and even took a shower this evening. Even had to trim my nails! Losing more hair but that is minor. If I could just get my stomach to cooperate!! Three more days and then it's off the pump and then maybe three weeks to feel good again. Ooooops! Well, two weeks as I have to have teeth pulled on April 16.

I have to thank Adam and Kathy for all the hard work in keeping the shop open. Not sure what I would do if it weren't for those two. While they can't do taxes, they are taking care of the other side of business. Adam presses shirts while Kathy does the administrative and delivering. And all our clients are most supportive.

I guess the worst part of this is how tired I get. Am trying to exercise and to keep my mind functioning. But I also understand that sleep is good. It allows my body to take care of itself. But just don't like this tired feeling.

Each day passed is one day closer to getting finished with all of this. At the end of the week, I will be two thirds finished with chemo!! The last chemo is suppose to be a lower dose that is in conjunction with radiation.

Thanks once again for the cards and prayers. I know that these are lifted up and that God is answering these prayers. I don't think I could do this without all this support. God Bless and talk to ya'll tomorrow..

1 comment:

  1. Steve,

    Dad told me about your blog so I had to check it out and see how you are doing. It seems that you are doing quite well all things considered. Praise be to God for that. We are thinking and praying for you and the whole Vaughan clan. Continue to heal and tell everyone hello.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete