web tracker

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is it Monday yet?

Slept til about 8am. Felt pretty rested. Got up read the paper and had eggs for breakfast. Went to the office to work and get things done since I will be in the hospital all week. Adam came up to help this afternoon and got alot of printing done. A pleasant surprise was the Air Force cadets who came by to have some t-shirts made. It was neat helping these guys.

I will admit I am a little anixous about tomorrow and the start of the second chemo treatment. But I am ready for it to start. My throat has become a little sore and that is the cancer starting back up. So I am ready to begin again to let the chemo attack the cancer. I think that being in the hospital will not result in having two bad weeks like last time. I don't know whether I will be out Friday or Monday. But regardless, I hope I will be able to get back to work. I really believe the doctors will be able to better control my pain and reactions to the chemo.

So at 8am tomorrow I will be getting blood work done in preparation of a full day of chemo. The two heavy doses of chemo are tomorrow. Then start 5 days of 5fu. The reactions and drop in white cell counts will start sometime Tuesday. But hopefully the drugs and being in the hospital will control everything.

So for the next week I will have my crutch back (the pole holding my drugs). It's hard to imagine but I am ready to get it on!

I even have a poster to put up in my room courtesy of the Gomezes. I know there are alot of prayers and support and I thank God every day for each of you. Thank you for your patience and love and support. Hope everyone has a good a week as I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment