web tracker

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nearly Home

As I survey my small kingdom, my humble belongings, I realize how people feel when there is no hope of breathing fresh air, walking on this good earth and realize that I WILL be doing those things in a couple of days.

I have spent the day doing what I am supposed to do. I know that will be a hard concept for some to believe, but I have. I relax, doing reading (which I have not done in a long time), taking naps, greeting friends. In the meantime, Adam and Sarah have been hard at work getting my tax work together so I will be able to hit the ground running next week, well maybe a slow walk.

I think I will be in the hospital about 12 straight days starting Mar 23 for the next round. But with all my wonderful friends I know that I am blessed. Got flowers from the Reids today, and a spiritual book from Teresa Sewell.

Meals were eggs and cheese for breakfast and a form of goulash for lunch and chicken for supper. Not the meals I would have received from the camping weekend but hoping the campout followers will grant me a couple of nights. If you know the policy of the Troop, you know I'm only poking fun.

Slowly being weaned off iv to see how i react to regular medicine before i can go home. My spirits are up and continue to rise with each breath I take, the going outside to smell the fresh air, the sites of Midland outside my window, and the patter of small grandchildren running amok. I don't think God is through with me yet.

Hiccups have returned to my body and must find a way to to get rid of them. Hope everyone has a great night. Remember to set your clocks forward tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your sense of humor is still intact! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete