web tracker

Friday, March 13, 2009

Good and tired

Well, I must be better as I worked about 14 hours today. Am tired tonight and will work again tomorrow. So I view that as good as my strength comes back, but not the muscles. I will work out some next week to get the muscle tone back before chemo on Mar 24. I do realize that I am working too much but after this weekend I think I can slow down a little. When you miss a couple of weeks of work something has to give! My mind is certainlyl getting clearer every day as the drugs are exiting my body. And this time of year that is important. With being so busy at work I really did not have much time to realize I needed to slow down. I'm sure as I hit the bed this evening that my body will say "about time".

Did everyone see the MRT web site and the article Jimmy Patterson wrote? I thought Jimmy did a great job on the article as I can tell he spent alot of time going over the video about the comments the boys made. The only comment I forgot to tell Jimmy was the lesson that we stress to the boys is that when stuff happens then do something about it in a positive way. And get up and get going again. Have not seen the video but he told me that he was going to put part of it up on the site. He is going to give me the full blown version and somehow I will post it.

I will not have my teeth pulled until after the second round of chemo. And if it goes well then hopefully I will have a couple of weeks to heal before starting radiation.

Hope everyone enjoyed the rain today. We certainly needed the moisture. I can turn off my sprinkler system for a few days!

Need to get some rest as I sit here, my body and mind are beginning to wind down. So hope all have a good night and enjoy the 70 degrees tomorrow. Later everyone, may God Bless all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy sent me the link, it's a great story! I'm so glad y'all did that!

    It was awesome seeing you yesterday and FINALLY getting to meet Lucille!

    We'll have to all get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathie was reading the paper today and came across the article that Jimmy did. I was in shock for the first couple of minutes. How could this happen? Not Steve? Not THE Scoutmaster?

    Anyway, I have spent the last 1 1/2 hours reading your blog from the beginning. What a story of strength through some very trying times.I will say more in an email to you later but know that you and Lucille and your family are in our prayers.

    Doug and Kathie Gressett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    I have read your blog from beginning to end and know that God has put his arms around you to protect and lead you. I have cried and laughed, thank you for making a diary like this. My brother lives in AK and his son is heavy into Scouting. I sent this to him and he felt as I do. If you get something from a troop in Alaska you will know where it came from. I have been praying for you and your family to have the strength to get through this. God Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,
    I want you to know how much the Boys in your troop think of you and I think this experience is for them something they can not ge any where else. They will get to see your struggles and see how you maintain a positive attitude through all of it and I think this will affect each of them deeply. God is watching over you and over your family and he knows what you can and can not take and He will be with you all the way. Just know that there are many people out there who are praying for you and your recovery. Remember all our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Margie

    ReplyDelete