web tracker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God has blessed us today

What a day!! Got up, fixed breakfast and then took a 2 hour nap. Then proceeded to work until 6pm and wore myself out. The good news is that I am feeling better each day and getting stronger.

Another blessing today was when one of my clients came into the office and we proceeded swapping cancer stories. She had cancer two years ago and it gave me alot of comfort talking to her about her experiences. She has such a positive attitude!

But the real story is about my shaved head. I have been cold all day and have worn a sock cap most of it. And I suppose I will for the rest of the week since it is going to be pretty chilly.

A comment from the Scoutmaster shaving last night made me think that you never know who is watching you or how you will affect them. I received an email from one of my former Eagle Scouts and it brought tears to my eyes. I stay after the boys about being good models and it really make me feel good that they have taken these words to heart. These young men cease to amaze me with their thinking and their actions. It is kind of like your kids when people say how good they are and you think "that can't be my kid". It makes me proud to be associated with them for all these years.

I expect the days to get better until next week when I have some teeth removed and then the next week with another round of chemo. But it puts me that much closer to finishing up these 4 months.

We have been blessed with rain today and hopefully the rest of the week. We all need to thank God for this blessing as well as being here for each of us today, whether we wanted him to be here or not!

I good nights sleep and another wonderful day tomorrow because of your wonderful and thoughtful prayers. I just cannot express how much support and comfort that gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment