web tracker

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A wonderful Sunday

Good evening all.

Today has been a good day. I ate pretty good today. Of course Lucille had to watch over me to make sure I cleaned my plate! But I got through it! The weather was beautiful today so worked in my shop most of the afternoon.

Slept well last night. Got up only once. Evidently not enough water yesterday. Was up around 8:30am and after Lucille fixed breakfast, I went to the store to buy some parts for my router. Came home, fixed the router and then sat down for an hour or so to rest. Then worked on drawers for the Troop chuck wagon. Probably spent too much time in the sun but it was great being able to just work and enjoy the day without hurting.

Week two starts in the morning at 7am with a full week of radiation scheduled. Wednesday will be meeting with the doctor on putting in the peg (stomach tube). Another surgery which I am not looking forward to, but the good news is that as my throat gets worse (or burned) I will be able to maintain some calories. Do you know how hard it is to get 2000 calories a day? The good thing is that the peg is temporary so will look forward to getting rid of it in July. My energy level was up today but must plan accordingly this week to make sure I have enough energy to get through the week. I had two days of chemo sickness (but not too bad). Especially if one looks at the trouble I had in the first two chemo treatments. So hopefully I will be able to work a good couple of days a week for next 7 to 8 weeks.

The days that seem normal (that is, as normal as one can be doing chemo/radiation treatments) are a real blessing. The comments the last couple of days have been an inspiration to me to keep a stiff upper lip and to stay positive. It does get difficult but God will carry me when I cannot handle it. As I have said, without God none of this would be possible. And without the support and prayers and phone calls and cards and emails, this would be such a hard trip. May God bless all of you this beginning day of the week. Good things happen to those who make the most of our opportunities. Have a great week group. Nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment