web tracker

Monday, May 18, 2009

5 down, 32 to go

Another pretty day in Midland. I got up at 6:30 for an 7am radiation treatment. By 7:30 I was at the office getting ready for a days worth of work. It's going to be a busy week, both medically and work.

Got up feeling pretty good this day and will go to bed feeling pretty good also. Have lost some weight from the weekend. Still not eating enough. It was a great supper but my stomach would not take it tonight. My stomach says it is hungry but my mind and mouth says that it doesn't want to eat. And tonight was an example of that. If I had eaten one more bite, I would not have made it to the sink! So tomorrow will work on eating more often all day.

I had to really shave last night before bed. My peach fuzz was about a 1/8" long on my upper lip and chin. And pure blond and soft. It will be interesting to see how often I have to really shave now. And what color it will be. Of course I expect to probably lose this hair with chemo every week and I understand that radiation will also cause hair loss. But I still only use 10 minutes to get ready for work or play.

My nails have two sets of white curves in them and them an major indention in the nail that is just beginning to show itself. The result of chemo. So guess I will see more of it in the future until this is through. If that was the only problem I would have, I would be jumping for joy! But then I could be alot worse so I cannot complain. Yes, it will be bad and rough, but when I see others that are alot worse than me, I have no room to complain. God is protecting me courtesy of the prayers of all of ya'll.

Got some more special hot sauce tonight. It will help to kill the taste buds so maybe I will be able to eat more! The upset stomach should be taken care of by using Nexinum. But I expect tomorrow to be another good day. Only radiation tomorrow with chemo and radiation on Wednesday. Just have to keep my energy levels constant which is hard for me. No nap today but should have taken one. I have alot of work to do this week so will need to find time to sleep a little during the day.

So going into this second week, I hope to be able to continue to eat and swallow. If I can make the week I get three days off this weekend to recover. So will make the most of the week in work and play.

Hope everyone had a great day today and that the rest of the week goes good. Just don't forget to stop and smell the roses! Especially true of the seniors in high school. Nite all...

No comments:

Post a Comment