web tracker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You Should Be Laughing

Ok gang – here is result of all afternoon meeting with Allison Cancer Center. I have to undergo two scans – a CT and a PET. Then in two weeks I will start the first round of chemo. Will spend all day on a Tuesday at Allsion and the other 4 days will be via a pump. (ET did this with his chemo.) Then 3 weeks without chemo. Then possibly another round of chemo. So at the end of 4 or 8 weeks I will start radiation for the throat. I do not know the duration but do not think it will be more than 30 days, then possible another round of chemo followed by at CT and PET scan and another bioposy on my throat. So for the next 5 to 6 months I will be in and out (although I’m sure most of you think I’m out of it all the time anyway) YOU SHOULD BE LAUGHING. I can actually have a reason to have a bed at the office (to take power naps) (my chair will be disappointed!!). Cure rate is good – best therapy is lots to drink, laughter, and good friends, all of which I have now.

Steve

1 comment: