web tracker

Friday, February 27, 2009

Why would anyone do drugs??

What a 30 hour ride! Got up yesterday and was doing pretty good for the morning. Thought I had this part licked. But then the hicups started (only 49 in 17,000 do this), and lasted until the early evening. I was given a drug to fix that which in turn induced vomiting. This lasted until about 8am this morning and by 8:30 I was at Allison Cancer Center being wheeled around in a wheel chair. Jennifer (one of the chemo nurses) took me to a private room where I stayed until 5pm. Was given the usual hyrdation and yes the every 30 minutes trips to bathroom all day. Got more nausea medicine and was drugged to induce sleep. And to think I got all this treatment for just $35! What a deal!

It is now about 10:30pm and just finished showering which has lifted my spirits. But will be under the influence of these drugs thru Monday afternoon, when the pump comes off. Supper was about a 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes. Nothing seems to taste good at this point so force feeding will commence. But this too shall pass. My hair seems to be growing by leaps and bounds for the anticipated Troop hair cut on Tuesday.

The good news is that the doctors have identified what is causing the nausea so they will be able to avoid a repeat of this when the second round starts on Mar 24.

I had a really good blog set for this time with the hiccups but mind will not let me put it on paper. Maybe tomorrow I can give the light hearted jabs about hiccups. But until then I will sleep this round of drugs off, drink my water and get my calories. Thanks for your continued support, prayers and cards and emails. They really boost our spirits. I can't imagine going thru this without the support group that is here. Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. I keep trying to post to your blog, and can't get it to work . . . That said, I'll try again! We're praying for you. Daily. And for your loved ones. Amanda

    "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

    ReplyDelete