web tracker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

only 2 chemos to go!!


other side of neck today!


neck as of today!



See what morphine can do?

Well, only two chemos to go. This morning I was trying to throw up and feeling very sick and down. But as of now, I feel alot better and prepared to take on another day. I will post pics of my neck today or tomorrow. Pretty raw. Docs gave me some cream which they use on burn victims and it seems to be helping. I did find out that a boost is when the in the last three weeks of radiation, they start narrowing the scope of the radiation to the original spot to make sure all the cells are dead. My first boost was today and will have two more boost in the next two weeks. While July 4 will be Independence Day, it will take a couple of weeks to get back to strength and eating REAL food. But what an experience it will be until everything gets back to normal.

Weight down to 138 pounds, but hopefully I am approaching the bottom of this. I would not be allowed in school because of my baggy pants. But at least I keep my belt tight. No test pulling my pants!! (I do this to my Troop boys who think they can wear their pants too loose and too low).

My voice has pretty much gone. If I have enough liquids in my mouth I can talk for a little bit but not long! Some people I know will consider that a blessing!

The good Lord keeps blessing me and I keep receiving them happily. And I believe those blessings come the prayers the thousands of you have sent up on my behalf. I know I would not be where I am today with all those who have supported me through this. Thanks again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve! HollyAnn, John's wife, here. Lifting you up today as you face these last few treatments! I can't even imagine what you are going through right now! You are an inspiriation! I see through the posts that you have not lost your sense of humor! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, We are lifting you up in prayer everyday. Stay strong in God's word, for He will never leave you nor forsake you. Get some rest, and listen to Lucille! We love you and pray these next two weeks come and go fast!
    We love you!
    The California Rauert's

    ReplyDelete