web tracker

Monday, July 27, 2009

Start of week of alot of improvement

I am still not sleeping all night so am tired at the end of this day. But I feel better each day and that is the main thing at this point. I talked to a Mary Collier (Hope House) and she said this would really be a good week. It will be a good week if for no other reason that I get the PEG out tomorrow. I am more than ready. Tonight I had corn on the cob. The taste was great! Even had a Popsicle after supper.

My endurance is a little better after this weekend. I worked for about 5 hours and slept for about an hour this afternoon. While I am tired, it is a good tired. The weight gain of 3 pounds this last week has made a difference, so a few more pounds should make alot of difference in my energy and endurance later this week.

I talked to Mary Collier alot about Allison Cancer Center and its wonderful staff today. I think they have made so much difference in my treatment. I am much better off as a result of staying in Midland. Staying as local as possible is so good in that, besides the quality health care, my support group in Midland has enabled me to have someone to lean against as well as being able to visit and being able to sleep in my own bed and rest in my own home. I am truly blessed by all my friends both in Midland and outside of Midland around the country and the world. As before I don't think I could have made it without all the prayers and support from ya'll. I know Lucille feels the same way. There are not enough thanks you in the world to express our gratitude!

1 comment:

  1. You sound so good. You're an inspiration, you and that Lucille-gal!

    ReplyDelete