web tracker

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another day - another day of getting well

It's Thursday afternoon. I worked for a few hours today and came home to rest. Could not sleep but resting. Surely that counts for something! Worked in the yard a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and hit the old brick wall around 8 last night. I get about 4 hours of good sleep every night now. The other sleep is semi-sleep. But at least it is sleeping.

My throat gets better every day. Tried to eat some Mexican food last night but it just wasn't to be. Will try again next week. Had a big bowl of potato soup for lunch today and it was great. A little spicy which probably helped my taste buds. Still have not used my feeding tube this week. Will be looking to have it removed next week if I don't use it this week. My grandkids will be disappointed as that it is the first thing they want to see every time I see them. The tube has been a life saver for me and allowed me to be able to stay home instead of the hospital.

The care I have received at Allison Cancer Center has been fantastic. They are truly concerned about your well being and care and hurts. They do everything they can to make treatments as pleasant as possible. I can't say enough good things about those folks.

Each day gets better as my throat continues to heal. My taste buds seem to responding well although chocolate is still not in the cards. But that to will come to pass. Biggest problem I have at the moment is keeping my food moist enough to eat. And that too will resolve itself somewhat. A small price to pay when considering the alternative.

My honey do list is still long but will start working on it soon. I hope to be in the office every day next week getting my work caught up. Not all day but at least 20 hours next week. Rest is still the key to recovery so have to learn to pace myself.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support. The outpouring of God's love is felt in this house every day as a result of your kindness. Talk again tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment