web tracker

Saturday, July 11, 2009

1 week from radiation

Evening everyone.

Well, not off the feeding tube yet, but working on it slowly. Am working on spicy stuff to trick the taste buds (I guess trick my brain) into thinking it is good. It has occurred to me today that I am having to learn to chew differently since I have not really eaten any solid food since I lost my teeth.

This morning was gravy, 1/2 biscuit and sausage. The afternoon snack was some hot wings (really hot!). Under normal conditions only ET and Mark would be eating them. Needless to say I did not eat but a couple. I think my stomach is wondering what is going on all of a sudden by the different food dropping in. Lucille is fixing salmon tonight or tomorrow. It was a good meal when she has fixed before. Drinking is getting easier although not where I can gulp a 1/2 glass yet.

The other adjustment is no saliva glands to help keep the food wet, so have to drink more than I would normally during eating. So just have to relearn to eat so am hoping this next week will bring good results. So far, the throat is doing great. I can still feel a little rough edges but I think it is healing nicely. So by the end of the week, I think that issue will be pretty much gone.

I have dropped another 5 pounds which does concern me but the only way to stop is eat more. I think it is because I am so tired of sitting and am moving around more. But I figure if I don't get to moving more then I will not get any energy or endurance back. But I also know when to say stop and rest! So that is what I am doing.

Each day is truly better tan the day before when I step back and look at each. A small step is great at this point. An improvement to see that I am recovering and while it will be slow, the recovery is coming!

Life is all about choices and my choice at this point is taking what God has given me and putting it to use. And that is life itself. Not sure the number of days left, but think it will be many and if I can have the effect that Jim and Terri Adams have on lives, I will feel truly blessed.

Have a great evening everyone..

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought - would y'all like to borrow our vitamixer? It's AMAZING! You could get all sorts of nutrients, etc by utilizing it. We could give y'all a lesson on it, and we'd be glad to loan it to you!

    ReplyDelete