web tracker

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is it the end of January already?

Well, here it is the end of January already. I have gained weight up to 135 pounds and it seems to be staying with me!! The doctors will be happy!! At least my ribs aren't showing as bad.

My fingers are doing pretty well but my feet go into full sleep when they get too cold. It makes snow skiing pretty difficult! We skiied one day with Adam and it was pretty good. Everything stayed pretty warm but my feet went to sleep. In fact I got up from my office chair the other day and fell flat on my face as my foot went to sleep. OH well, it just makes life more interesting.

Needless to say, I stay wrapped up in a blanket when sitting at home and almost always have a jacket on at the office. We have used alot of fire wood so far this winter trying to keep the den warm. Too cheap to turn up the heat!!

My taste buds are coming back so slowly. Ice cream still does not have an appeal. Nor chocolate! I still like stuff that has liquid. I eat sandwiches with about 11 ounces of water to chase it down!!

Inow have a constant ringing in my ears. It is so silent when it stops. One of the problems with this cancer and the amount of chemo and radiation I had. Maybe part of the reason I can't hear as well.

I have started letting my hair grow back out. It is about a 1/4 inch all over. Some parts are black but I think it will end up white again! And don't think it is coming in any thicker!! But at least if I keep it short, then I don't have to worry about shampooing it every day and combing it! Just have to look to the good in everything! Will try to take a picture showing the length.

I think one of the hardest things about having cancer is that every time I have a ache or runny nose, I think "what if it is back?". I have more tests next week. February 4 is one year ago that I found out that I had throat cancer. More reflects on that when that date gets here.

I am back at work full time. My energy level gets better every day. It's a good thing with tax season rolling around. While life will not be the same as last year, I am sure there will be bumps along the road. But trust in God that all will be ok. Just have to find those silver linings.

Later gang.....

No comments:

Post a Comment