web tracker

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

Since my last posting I have had my port removed and have celebrated a wonderful Christmas and a new beginning of a new year.

Had my port taken out on Dec 23. The doctor had to dig it out as my muscle was in the process of encapsulating it! But other than bruising, everything turned out great. I tried to get the doctors and nurses to let me keep the port, but couldn't have it. Was going to put it on my board of cancer remembered. Was told not to lift anything heavy for 3 weeks. Well I helped lay a sidewalk over new years and kinda exceeded the weight but I think all is ok!

Still have the same ole problems. Only new thing is a ringing in my ears. Today I weight 134 pounds. We'll see if it stays on this week. Ate like a pig over the holidays. Got new clothes that fit for Christmas. Now I really look skinny! LOL

I have alot to be thankful for considering what has happened this past year. I am thankful for all my friends who have supported and prayed for me this past year. I am thankful for all my caregivers for their support and love this past year. I am thankful to God for allowing me some more time on this earth. I intent to make the most of it this year!

My dad passed away on Dec 22 and I consider it a blessing. A memorial will be held this Saturday, Jan 9 at 10:30 am at First Christian Church in Midland. He had alzheimers.

The new year will bring it share of joys, sorrows and problems, but with God's help we can make it through. No new years resolutions, just going to try and live each day to the fullest. May God Bless each of you this day and every day of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment