web tracker

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CT results

I saw all the doctors today, got the results of the scans, and saw both Dr Corwin and Rastogi for the results. And the results were all clear! I was informed that PET scans will only be done if they find something in the CT scan. The doctors were so happy that I am going to a 4 month recheck. Needless to say, I am truly blessed. If I said I was not worried, Iwould be lying, but Christmas will be a special one this year.

Still have tingly fingers and feet. Still have dry mouth. Have a new pain on my leg. No weight gain. Look like I have been starved for months! Still bald headed. Voice still not normal. Taste buds still not back. Energy and strength not where I want them. And to all of that, I say, so what! As of this day, I am healed due to God and your prayers. I have leaned on each and every one of you and God has carried me through these last eleven months!

As I was sitting at Allison today, I thought about the last 8 months, the 3 weeks in the hospital. So sick that I wondered if I would make it. The radiation treatments and the neck burning. The never feeling like I would feel good again. I saw folks that are just starting their treatments and old timers in for check ups. Would I do it over again knowing what I would go through? Not sure. If it came back, would I endure another round, if I could have one? Thankfully I do not have to answer that question. Living life each day is my goal right now. I am trying to let God have his way with me to use as he wants. After all, I think I am here for a reason. Not sure I have found the silver lining in this cloud but I think I have touched some lives that may have made a difference in their lives. I know that the outpouring of the love and support from ya'll have made a difference in my life. I have slowed down to smell the roses. I appreciate the small things in life.

I went to my two grandsons Christmas play today and it was wonderful! My grandaughter ran up to me and gave me a hug. Who could ask for more?

This is a season to celebrate Christs birth. It is also the time we should renew our faith in God. To open our hearts to him. To listen to what he is telling us. And most importantly, to committ to doing it for all of 2010. We wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's make it one for the ages. I know I plan on it! Later gang....

1 comment:

  1. What great news. This is a wonderful Christmas present for each of us who have been following your progress. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete