web tracker

Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

It's been a week since I last posted and for that I am sorry. I guess I have late chemo brain as I thought I posted late last week. It has been a pretty good week although my lower left jaw has been giving me some trouble. Work has been very steady with alot of work to do and not enough energy to get it all done.

It has been a busy week with work, Scouts, grandkids, and doing one of my honey do's and a football game on Friday evening. Work has been very busy. Just have not been able to keep up the energy level. It is getting better but not where I want it. This next week will be very busy trying to meet a tax deadline. My two grandsons start pre-school this week so went to see them off and then took Hannah (along with her mom, Sarah) to get her first haircut. Hannah sat in my lap the whole time she got her haircut. When she says "Pops", it is hard to refuse her! Harrison had a birthday this week. It seems this last month has been one continous birthday day for the two boys. I did catch any infection from Hannah so I am on additional drugs to take care of a sore throat.

Adam came home this weekend and helped (or should I say I helped him) to lay a wood floor in the living room. The only thing left is to put up the trim and this will be a major project done. Still have the hall and the study to do sometime this fall. It really looks good.

My jaw is still giving me some pain. I have pulled two pieces of loose bone and I think there is one piece remaining. It hurts to chew alot and to drink cool liquids. I go to the dentist tomorrow afternoon to check the status of the other piece. Hopefully it will do alot of healing this week.

My facial hair is finally coming back. I still do not have any hair under my chin. I am still shaving my head twice a week. It just makes getting ready for work faster. However, I still get cold easily so may change my mind as the weather gets cooler. I was cold Friday night at the ball game and wished I had gloves and a heavier jacker. I will be alot more prepared for the next game.

I have gained another pound this weekend and now weight 136. It is certainly better than loosing weight at this point. Am able to eat better although I still have to drink alot of water during the meal.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend. I did not rest as much as I probably should have but enjoyed been away from work. And enjoying the company of Lucille, Adam and Sarah and Paul and the grandkids. May God continue to bless all of us as we enter this fall season. I don't think I have time to slow down for the roses but I will make time to slow done and smell that rose. Be sure you slow down and smell that rose too. I will try and make sure I post more frequently. See ya.....

No comments:

Post a Comment