web tracker

Monday, September 14, 2009

Another week in recovery

So much for posting during the week. Have been working hard all week and still have two days until I can relax for a few days.

Went to the dentist and there is still a loose piece of bone trying to work its way out. It is slow coming out but it is coming. Hopefully this week it will fester enough to get it out. Then another minor setback will be gone. Still recovering from a throat infection. Will go back to the doctor later this week to get it checked out again.

Am eating more but not enough at this point. But will continue to eat to try and gain some weight. I don't feel bad and my energy level is picking up. And I am finally wearing clothes that actually fit so don't look too bad. If I am feeling sorry for myself, I just walk into Allison Cancer Center and immediately realize that I am doing well! But considering that, the Lord has carried me the last couple of weeks. My feet are back on the ground and am walking side by side with him again.

Life has its ups and downs. As I tell people, we have to deal with it regardless of what we are going through. It is how we deal with the downs that tells us about how deep our faith is. I know that my faith has gotten deeper these last 9 months. And I certainly hope each of you has deepen your faith. I have prayed for each of you as I know that the power of prayer is some strong medicine! The witness we give others whether we get credit or not is what we are commissioned to do. Just living life day to day is a witness to others. We do not have to interact with others to witness. May God continue to bless each of you for your support. I have about 16 more months according to the doctors before I am out of the woods but I am optimistic that it I will be cancer free. Have a great week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment